Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No Pain , No Gain





Yesterday I said my Orange wall sounded "yucky". Not that any of you care what my walls look like but I have to share my orange wall.

I used to paint my house whenever the mood the struck me. I would change colors whenever we got tired of the old colors which could be quite frequent. I used to paint other peoples walls too. Murals, colors, whatever. Well, I was younger too. I painted this wall yesterday and it is a pretty good size wall. It is texured in that orange peel type texture which I have never dealt with. This is a stucko town. Every wall in New Mexico must be stucko or some textured version. Anyway, it is a lot more work to get the paint into the texture.

I used a dark yellow base then went over the whole thing with a dragging brush and a rag in a burnt umber glaze. The glazing part took about 2 and a half hours. I finished up, cleaned up and went to put my paint away. I reached up and thought my arm was going to fall off. Oooo the burn in my shoulder.Oh my. I have not been able to move my arm for two days. I guess I am out of painting shape. Like I said, I used to be younger too.

I love my ORANGE wall !

No comments: