Sunday, March 21, 2010
I am experimenting with the best way to hold them together and think I have it figured out. I have cut a clay backing template and then set the flowers onto that. I need to complete one and have my daughter wear it for a quality control test.
I usually embed crystals into the clay by pushing them in to create a little bezel. With this batch I tried the "hot fix" crystals from firemountaing gems. I still pushed them into the clay but think the heat activated adhesive will really hold them in well.
I think I will try to get a tutorial together for these but I have never done one here on my blog so I am trying to figure that out as well. I have so many clay ideas that I am trying to figure out that it is really distracting me from the laundry pile down the hallway. Oh, well, the laundry is not going anywhere and I really need to figure this clay project out or I just can't give the laundry my full 100 % and then the quality of the laundry suffers.
(This is my defense and I am sticking with it.)
Have a Happy Day!!!